Features and benefits
· 4 A peak current (<2 Ω RDSON_x)
· 2.5 V to 6.5 V logic input voltage
· 4.5 V to 35 V output supply voltage
· UVLO VDD1 positive going threshold: 2.5 V maximum
· Multiple UVLO options for VDDA and VDDB positive going threshold
· Grade A: 4.5 V maximum
· Grade B: 7.5 V maximum
· Grade C: 11.6 V maximum
· Precise timing characteristics
· 44 ns maximum propagation delay
· Adjustable dead time and dual input (ADuM4221)
· Adjustable dead time and single input (ADuM4221-1)
· No dead time control and dual input (ADuM4221-2)
· CMOS input logic levels
· High common-mode transient immunity: 150 kV/µs
· High junction temperature operation: 125°C
· Default low output
· Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
· UL recognition per UL 1577
· 5700 V rms for 1 minute duration
· CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
· VDE certificate of conformity
· DIN V VDE V 0884-11: VIORM = 849 V peak
· Increased creepage wide body, 16-lead SOIC_IC
The ADuM4221/ADuM4221-1/ADuM4221-2 are 4 A isolated, half bridge gate drivers that employ the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to provide independent and isolated high-side and low-side outputs. The ADuM4221/ADuM4221-1/ADuM4221-2 provide 5700 V rms isolation in an increased creepage wide body, 16-lead SOIC_IC. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to the alternatives, such as the combination of pulse transformers and gate drivers.
The isolators operate with a logic input voltage ranging from 2.5 V to 6.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems. In comparison to gate drivers employing high voltage level translation methodologies, the ADuM4221/ADuM4221-1/ADuM4221-2 offer the benefit of true, galvanic isolation between the input and each output.
The ADuM4221/ADuM4221-1/ADuM4221-2 each have built in overlap protection and allow dead time adjustment. A single resistor between the dead time pin (DT) and the GND1 pin sets the dead time on the secondary side between the high-side and the low-side outputs.
An internal thermal shutdown (TSD) sets outputs low if the internal temperature on the ADuM4221/ADuM4221-1/ADuM4221-2 exceeds the TSD temperature. As a result, the ADuM4221/ADuM4221-1/ADuM4221-2 provide reliable control over the switching characteristics of the insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT)/metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) configurations over a wide range of positive or negative switching voltages.
· Switching power supplies
· Isolated IGBT/MOSFET gate drives
· Industrial inverters
· Gallium nitride (GaN)/silicon carbide (SiC) compatible