Features and benefits
·Analog output protection and detection solution
·Overvoltage protection up to ±60 V on S and SFB pins
· Power off protection up to ±60 V on S and SFB pins
· Integrated 0.6 kΩ secondary feedback channel
· Known output under all conditions
· User enabled, power-on condition pulls source to 0 V
· Known state without digital inputs present
· Latch-up immune
· Optimized resistance for measurement channel and feedback channel
· Low on resistance of 6 Ω typical on signal channel
· Ultraflat, on resistance on signal channel
· 3 mm × 2 mm LFCS
· VSS to VDD −2 V signal range
· Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
· ±5 V to ±22 V dual supply operation
· 8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
The ADG5401F main channel switch is a SPST, low on-resistance switch that features overvoltage protection, power off protection, and overvoltage detection on the source pins (S and SFB). The ADG5401F also features a protected secondary feedback channel for use with digital-to-analog converter (DAC) or amplifier outputs.
When no power supplies are present, the switch remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance.
When powered, if the analog input signal levels on the S pin exceed VDD or VSS by a threshold voltage (VT) the switch turns off, the open-drain FF pin pulls to a logic low and a path between the D and DFB pins is switched on to prevent an open-loop condition on the amplifier output. Input signal levels up to +60 V or −60 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered condition. The selectable POC pin function allows the protected switch terminal, S, to be connected to GND to minimize glitches on the output. The switch turns on with a Logic 1 input and conducts equally well in both directions. The digital input is compatible with 1.8 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
· Source pin is protected against voltages greater than the supply rails, up to −60 V and +60 V in both powered and unpowered states.
· Overvoltage detection with digital output indicates operating state of switches.
· Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
· The ADG5401F can operate from a dual supply range of ±5 V to ±22 V or a single-supply range of +8 V to +44 V.
· Negative channel metal oxide semiconductor (NMOS) only architecture requires 2 V headroom toward VDD and provides low RON and ultraflat RON across the VSS to VDD − 5 V signal range.
· DAC output protection
· Amplifier output protection
· Analog output modules
· Process control/distributed control systems
· Data acquisition