Features and benefits
· 24-bit ADC with integrated AFE
· Fast and flexible output rate: 1.25 SPS to 31.25 kSPS
· Channel scan data rate of 6.21 kSPS per channel (161 μs settling)
· 17.3 noise free bits at 1007 SPS per channel
· 120 dB common mode rejection of 50 Hz and 60 Hz at 20 SPS per channel
· ±10 V inputs, either 8 differential or 16 single-ended
· VIN pin absolute maximum rating: ±65 V
·Absolute input pin voltage up to ±20 V
·Minimum 1 MΩ impedance
· 0.07% TUE at 25°C
· On-chip 2.5 V reference
·±0.12% initial accuracy at 25°C, ±5 ppm/°C (typical) drift
· Internal or external clock
· AVDD = 3.0 V to 5.5 V
· IOVDD = 2 V to 5.5 V
· Total current consumption AVDD + IOVDD (IDD) = 3.9 mA
·Temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
· 3-wire or 4-wire serial digital interface (Schmitt trigger on SCLK)
·SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE, and DSP compatible
The AD4114 is a low power, low noise, 24-bit, sigma-delta (Σ-Δ) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that integrates an analog front end (AFE) for fully differential or single-ended, high impedance (≥1 MΩ), bipolar, ±10 V voltage inputs.
The AD4114 integrates key analog and digital signal conditioning blocks to configure eight individual setups for each analog input channel in use. The AD4114 features a maximum channel scan rate of 6.21 kSPS (161 μs) for fully settled data.
The embedded 2.5 V, low drift (±5 ppm/°C), band gap internal reference (with output reference buffer) reduces the external component count.
The digital filter allows flexible settings, including simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz rejection at a 27.27 SPS output data rate. The user can select different filter settings depending on the requirements of each channel in the application. The automatic channel sequencer enables the ADC to switch through each enabled channel.
The precision performance of the AD4114 is achieved by integrating the proprietary iPassives® technology from Analog Devices, Inc. The AD4114 is factory calibrated to achieve a high degree of specified accuracy.
The AD4114 operates with a single power supply that allows simplified use in galvanically isolated applications. The specified operating temperature range is −40°C to +105°C. The AD4114 is housed in a 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP.
· Programmable logic controller (PLC) and distributed control system (DCS) modules
· Instrumentation and measurement