Features and benefits
· 16-bit, 14-bit, or 12-bit dual simultaneous sampling SAR ADC
· Single-ended analog inputs
· 4-channel with 2:1 multiplexers
· Channel sequencer mode
· High throughput rate of up to 4 MSPS
· SNR (typical)
·87.5 dB (AD7386), VREF = 3.3 V external
· 84 dB (AD7387), VREF = 3.3 V external
·73.8 dB (AD7388)
·93 dB with OSR = 8, VREF = 2.5 V internal (AD7386)
· On-chip oversampling functions
· INL (typical)
· ±1.5 LSB (AD7386)
· ±0.5 LSB (AD7387)
·±0.2 LSB (AD7388)
·Resolution boost function
·2.5 V internal reference at 10 ppm/°C (maximum)
· Alert function
· −40°C to +125°C temperature range
· 16-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
The AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 are 16-bit, 14-bit, and 12-bit dual, simultaneous sampling, high speed, successive approximation register (SAR), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that operate from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and feature throughput rates of up to 4 MSPS. The analog input types are single-ended and are sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
The AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 have an on-chip sequencer and integrated on-chip oversampling block to improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. Abuffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used. The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs, allowing interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The AD7386 is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces by using the separate logic supply.
The AD7386/AD7387/AD7388 are available in a 16-lead LFCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
1. 4-channel, dual simultaneous sampling ADC.
2. Pin-compatible product family.
3. High 4 MSPS throughput rate.
4. Space-saving 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP.
5. Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range and SNR and to reduce SCLK speed requirements.
6. Single-ended analog inputs.
7. Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden.
· Motor control position feedback
· Motor control current sense
· Power quality
· Data acquisition systems
· Erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) applications
· Inphase and quadrature demodulation