Features and benefits
· 14-bit resolution and monotonicity
· Voltage and current output available on a single terminal
· Current output range: 0 mA to 24 mA, ±0.3% FSR TUE maximum
· Output voltage range, trimmed: ±10.5 V, ±0.3% FSR TUE
· Output voltage range with untrimmed overrange: ±12.6 V (equivalent to 26% overrange at +10 V)
· User-programmable offset and gain
· On-chip diagnostics
· −40°C to +105°C temperature range
· 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm, LFCSP
The AD5413 is a single-channel, 14-bit voltage and current output, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that operates within a power supply range from a −33 V minimum on the AVSS pin to a +33 V maximum on the AVDD1 pin. The CHART pin enables a highway addressable remote transducer (HART®) signal to be ac-coupled on the current output.
The AD5413 uses a versatile, 4-wire serial peripheral interface (SPI) that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, digital signal processor (DSP), and microcontroller interface standards. The SPI interface has an optional SPI cyclic redundancy check (CRC). The AD5413 implements improved diagnostic features from earlier versions of similar DACs.
· Process control
· Actuator control
· Channel isolated analog outputs Programmable logic controller (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS) applications
· HART network connectivity