Vin (Min) (V)
Vin (Max) (V)
Vout (Min) (V)
Vout (Max) (V)
Iout (Max) (A)
Iq (Typ) (mA)
Iq (Typ) (uA)
Switching frequency (Min) (kHz)
Switching frequency (Max) (kHz)
Enable, Light Load Efficiency, Output Discharge, Over Current Protection, Power Good, Soft Start Adjustable, Synchronous Rectification, UVLO Fixed
Operating temperature range (C)
-40 to 125
Approx. price (US$)
1ku | 1.17
Regulated outputs (#)
9 mm² 3 x 3
· Input voltage range: 4.5 V to 24 V
· Output voltage range: 0.6 V to 5.5 V
· Supports 10-A continuous output current
· D-CAP3™ architecture control for fast transient response
· 0.6 V ± 1% feedback voltage accuracy (25°C)
· Integrated 17-mΩ and 5.9-mΩ FETs
· ULQ™ operation (110 µA) to enable long battery life during system standby
· Selectable Eco-mode™ and Out-of-Audio™ by MODE pin
· 500-kHz and 800-kHz selectable switching frequency
· Adjustable soft-start time with default internal 1.2 ms
The device is a monolithic 10-A synchronous buck converter with integrated MOSFETs that enable high efficiency and offers ease-of-use with minimum external component count for space-conscious power systems.
The TPS51397A employs D-CAP3™ control that provides fast transient response and excellent line and load regulation with internal compensation. The ULQ™ (Ultra Low Quiescent) feature is extremely beneficial for long battery life in low power operation. The large duty operation greatly improves the load transient performance when input voltage is low.
The MODE pin can be used to set Eco-mode™ or Out-of-Audio™ (OOA) mode for light-load operation and 500-kHz or 800-kHz switching frequency. The Eco-mode™ maintains high efficiency during light load operation. The OOA mode keeps the switching frequency above audible frequency with minimum reduction in efficiency.
The device supports both internal and external soft-start options. It has an internal fixed soft-start time of 1.2 ms. If the application needs a longer soft-start time, the external SS pin can be connected to an external capacitor.
The TPS51397A integrates a power-good indicator and provides an output discharge function. It provides complete protection including OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, and UVLO. The device is available in a 20-pin 3.0-mm x 3.0-mm HotRod™ package and the junction temperature is specified from –40°C to 125°C.